“Happy are the people whose God is the Lord.” Psalms 144-15
The word “blessed,” is often translated to mean happy. There are many of these verses, but I tried to stay with the KJV and the word happy.
Research revealed that happy people have seven things in common.
A happy person
- Keeps busy. Always has a project going. Always is doing something. Is never idle.
“Behold, we count them happy which endure.” James 5:11
- Maintains close relationships and does things with family and friends.
3. Thinks of others. Has a healthy self-esteem. Isn’t proud. C.S. Lewis said, “Humility is not thinking less of yourself but of thinking of yourself less.”
“He that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.” Proverbs 14:21
- Exercises regularly. Maintains a sort of schedule.
“He that keeps the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18
- Masters new skills. Seeks to become better through learning.
“Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.” Proverbs 3:13
- Spends money on experiences with others, instead of things. Goes on a hiking trip instead of buying a new pair of shoes.
7. Tries to do what he wants before he dies. Works on a bucket list.
“Happy is he that condemns not himself in that thing which is allowed.” Romans 14:22
Check out all the happy and blessed verses in the Bible. The Lord wants you to be happy and shows you how.
Trusting Jesus as your Savior and Lord is the first step. So get started by believing in Jesus.